Thursday, January 10, 2013

Back to school!

OMG, this has happened so fast I am still in shock.

Yesterday, Charlie and I were sorting out bills. Now that he is back from deployment our pay goes down. So we were sorting out life. I felt horrible because I cant really work, day care bills would consume all of our "extra" money. So I thought about watching kids at home, and getting certified to do so through the FCC here on post. While driving to get that application, I got to thinking about school. Ultimately I want to go back to school for Nursing...well right now OBVIOUSLY is not the time to do that plus all of my prereqs I would need to get to yea even get considered.

So my mind wandered to billing and coding, I have a friend that does it. I remember brushing up on it while in medical assisting school and let me tell you....NO THANKS. Like my mom said it is very tedious. Looking up insurance codes and billing...yea no thanks. Very boring, and time consuming and NUMBERS!!

But, if I could make money doing it from home...why not? Its better then nothing. So I looked into it. As I was looking I saw this thing called Medical Transcription Editor. I have never seen it before honestly. So I started reading the description...WAY better then codes! Basically I listen to doctor recordings about patient care and transcribe them into text for medical records.

2 things here that stood out.
Listen
and
Type

I do that on a daily basis anyways(it drives me nuts when people are slow to type, sorry mom) so I listen and type for family. HA job doing that. YES PLEASE. Also the editor part is a bonus. With new technology there are instruments that do the transcribing but as an editor, I read those edits and correct them :D. I can totally do this!

Then I was reading a vast majority of MTE(Medical Transcription Editor) WORK FROM HOME. Thats it I was sold!

So I went to my MyCAA scholarship(thank you Us Government) and they approved of my school Career Step, and COVERED the WHOLE tuition for this class. BLESSING. So I got all registered, I officially start the 24th but I was approved so fast, and being an online open classes I could start today...and I did :)

I am SO EXCITED to be going back to school and doing something for myself and my family. Its not my forever career...but its definitely a start in the right direction :)

I cant wait to start out this year in school, bettering myself, and building a future for our family :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free :)

Let me know what you think!