Thursday, November 8, 2012

First Love

So this morning I woke up very anxious...not a bad anxious just a bothering anxiety.

My dream had a lot to do with it. I dreamt about my old high school love. No not my husband, but my very first serious relationship love. His name was Sean. I was 17. He was my first date. He was my first love, puppy love :)

So anyways I had a dream about him last night that left me all out of sorts this morning and most of the day. It bothered me. I just felt like I needed to say hi, and see how he was. It bothered me all day.

So I thought about him, about our "relationship" figured I would share. So I was 17 just moved up here from Ut. He was a cute guy in Ala-teens. I dont fully remember how we started dating but I know that for our date we went to Taco Bell :) His favorite restaurant. It wasnt fancy but thats ok. We were going to be late for our movie so he snuck it into the theater. He munched on chalupas while we watched (seriously) the spongebob movie. Im almost positive thats what it was. I remember after our date feeling SO NERVOUS. I had never gone on a date before, so I called him. I was like "did you like it?" "what do we do now?" He was calm and was like "I dont know?" It was funny.

We started hanging out more and one night he pulled me aside after the meeting and said i have a song for you. He pulled me close and put a headphone piece into my ear and said "just listen." The song started and I didnt recognize the music. It was a girl talking about a her boyfriend and how a guy came up and basically asked her to be his girl.

I had just got out of a trainwreck relationship that lasted off and on for a year. So the song was basically me complaining about him, and Sean asking to be my boyfriend that would treat me right and be good to me.

Being a shy girl, it really flattered me. After the song was over he looked at smiled and said "you can be with me if you want to"

Then it was...started a 6 month(lol) serious relationship.

It was one of those high school flames that burned out pretty fast but while it lasted it was good. It is forever imprinted in my mind and honestly after Sean I did raise my standards and I didnt date scumbags. I can thank him for waking me up and looked for nerdy guys :) Because of those opened eyes I never would have noticed the man I call my husband today.

So I know everyone has that "first love" and I hope that they still creep around in your memory and you can thank them every day for being there and picking you up. Showing you where to go what you need. Whether it was a good relationship or maybe even a bad one. I believe every thing happens for a reason good or bad.

So Sean where ever you are, there are times I listen to "unemployed boyfriend" and just think of you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free :)

Let me know what you think!